Monday, January 23, 2006

Top three reasons I am not a member of Mensa

1. Our house has a detached one-car garage. The fact that it's located too close to the property line almost derailed our closing more than four years ago, but that's beside the point. The point is that until a few weeks ago, the garage was full of junk -- some of it ours, some of it other people's. Like the motorcycle and the futon and, oh yeah, the pinball machine. No car of ours had ever seen the inside of this garage.

We finally whined enough that our friends removed the motorcycle and the pinball machine, and we pushed the futon (along with all our crap) to the back, to make just enough room for the Prius to sit inside. Last week, I put batteries in the garage door opener, we reconfigured our driveway parking arrangement and the Prius gained a new home.

It is snowing outside, and has been since I got up this morning. Where is the Prius?

In the driveway. Covered with snow.

2. Smart Wool socks. They've been the talk of the blogosphere recently and I, too, love 'em, as does Darren. The only problem? I can not sort and match them to Save. My. Life -- despite the fact that my husband's feet are several sizes larger than mine. Just did two loads of laundry, containing what looks to be our entire navy, grayish and greenish SW sock collection. Whose socks are which? I have not the foggiest idea. Do these two even go together? Can't tell.

3. I haven't taken the test. And given items #1 and #2, I don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

PS: Multiple posts on one weekday? A sure sign that I have a writing deadline.