Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Finally, four things

I've been meaning to do this one for a while, so when Phantom sent out an open invitation, I took her up on it. Also, since commenters everywhere seem to be coming out of the woodwork this week, please consider this your invitation to de-lurk.

Four Jobs I've Had
1. Grocery store cashier
2. Sub maker (as in submarine sandwiches, not the underwater defense craft)
3. Market researcher (one of the ones who accosts you in the mall with a clipboard; only did it for a summer, but it was strangely fascinating)
4. Front-desk clerk at a ritzy resort

Four Things I Hope to Do Defore I Die
1. Deliver this child without any more vomiting
2. Publish a piece in the New Yorker
3. Somehow acquire enough money to travel at length and luxuriously, all around the world
4. Gain a new hairstyle that I actually like

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over
1. Annie Hall
2. Say Anything
3. The Godfather
4.
When Harry Met Sally

Four Things I Cannot Do
1. Be patient
2. Keep my car clean (inside or out)
3. Beat Darren at most any game or sport
4. Keep my mouth shut about whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment (although my new job is causing me to gain skills in this department rather rapidly)

Four Places I've Lived
1. Rural western Tennessee, on the Mississippi border (Blech. I did not like living in the middle.)
2. Santa Fe, New Mexico
3. Eugene, Oregon
4. Allston, Massachusetts

Four Things That Attract Me To My Spouse
1. Integrity
2. Intelligence
3. Sense of humor (including his puns, which I normally detest)
4. Competitiveness

Four TV Shows You Love to Watch (otherwise known as horribly guilty pleasures, each and every one)
1. The O.C.
2. Project Runway
3. What Not to Wear
4. My Super Sweet Sixteen (if you are not convinced that American society is going to hell in a handbasket, 30 minutes with this show will do it for you)

Four Things I Say Often
1. What the fuck?
2. Hey...
3. Do you have to go out?
4. I'm just going to sit on the couch for a little while.

Four Places I've Been on Vacation
1. Southwestern Ireland
2. Quebec City
3. The Grand Canyon
4. Southwest Harbor, Maine

Four Books or Book Series That I Love
1. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
2. Banana Rose, Natalie Goldberg
3. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
4. The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger

Four Blogs I Visit Daily (these are blogs that haven't made it onto my blogroll for reasons of sheer laziness, but that I check every day...)
1. This Woman's Work
2. The Rabbit Lived
3. So Close
4. Badgerings

Four of My Favorite Foods (pregnancy edition)
1. Macaroni and cheese
2. Toast with peanut butter
3. Luna bars
4. Fruit smoothies

Four Places I'd Rather Be
1. On the couch at home
2. With Darren
3. And Rocky
4. And Jelly

Four Albums I Can't Live Without
1. Bruce Springsteen, Nebraska
2. Ellis Paul, Translucent Soul
3. Richard Shindell, Somewhere Near Paterson
4. John Coltrane, A Love Supreme

(All) Four Vehicles I've Owned
1. 1980 Honda Civic wagon
2. 1986 Nissan Stanza Wagon
3. 1990 Honda Civic hatchback (Lil Blue!)
4. 2005 Toyota Prius

Four Folks Who Ought to Do This Meme
1. You
2. You
3. You
4. And you

Whew. This takes some effort, so consider yourself warned should you want in.