Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm not at a Decemberists show...

... like Scrivener is tonight, but I am listening to last year's live performance streaming on NPR and it's pretty great. I haven't bought any new music since Ess was born, but I am dying to get a Decemberists album. I feel like my brain can only hold so much new stuff at once, and if I don't buy an album I'm going to forget that I thought I might like them. Does that make sense at all?

In the meantime, I'm sitting here finishing up a story that I could not for the life of me get done during the work day; was pecked to death by the ducks of internal email, external email, freelance stuff, and actual work. What a way to spend a Friday night.

One good thing: we went out to dinner at a local diner with a friend and his two-year-old. Luckily, neither kid started to melt down until after we'd eaten, at which point we threw their coats on, chucked some money at the waitress and high-tailed it out. As D said, I don't think robbers leave that fast.

The end of this hodge-podge of procrastination: I'm thinking about participating in this, although I think I might be certifiably insane, especially since I just accepted two freelance assignments due at roughly the same time in mid-November and I'm working a couple extra days at the magazine next month. (One mitigating factor: At least that means I'll be at the computer a lot...) Anyone in this little corner of the blogosphere considering doing the same?

Hope your Friday evenings are more exciting than mine...