Thursday, November 02, 2006

7 reasons I should not have signed up for NaBloPoMo

1. I have not one, not two, but three freelance assignments due between now and Nov. 14.

2. On top of that, I am working an extra day at my actual job next week.

3. On top of that, I am the mother of a nearly six-month-old(!) girl who would like to, you know, see her mother every now and then for something other than a quick nursing.

4. I still have to finish the sweater I donated to the latest raffle for Annika. (Good thing for me that my pal dagwood won it... though it's unfortunate for her; had a stranger won, it would've been in the mail already, I suspect.)

5. Christmas is coming. Egads. And I am hoping to make a super-special gift for my family that I just realized I can't post about because my sister reads this. Drat. In any case, making this thing is going to take a fair amount of time and it will need to be done early-ish for various reasons.

6. D and I have been drifting apart a bit lately, and just had a long talk about how we need to spend more time together and talk more, especially about topics unrelated to (a) the operation of our household and (b) a certain ladybug (the same one who took an unprecedented two! hour! nap! today).

7. Like I need to spend more time at the computer.

But whatever. There is a very fine line between having so much to do that you become very efficient and having so much to do that your life spins entirely out of control and you end up whimpering on the couch with a pint of Ben & Jerry's. And this month I suspect I'm going to find out exactly where that line is.