Thursday, May 04, 2006

A new post is brewing, I swear

I've been pondering a post about prenatal bonding (or not) with the bambina, but have had absolutely no time to write it. But it's coming, I promise. In the meantime, I will attempt to tide you over with this picture of the bambina's furry stunt double, testing out the crib. We're hoping the bambina will be slightly more pleased with the accomodations than the stuntdog was.















And here's another, of the swanky glider (for which we owe a debt of gratitude to my parents and grandparents) and ottoman (for which we thank ourselves), which arrived yesterday. The colors aren't very true-to-life; the photos were taken after dark with a crappy overhead light and the flash. The arms on the glider seem low to me, but I'm sure it will be fine. I sat in it for a lengthy phone conversation with my parents last night, and it was incredibly comfortable. Oh, and you can get a glimpse of our swanky new carpet, too, which is about the most boring pattern ever.















Lastly, on the wall is a framed poster from Manhattan, the Woody Allen movie. It was our wedding present to each other, and we have no idea where to put it and D's 600+ DVDs, which used to reside on the built-in shelves on the other side of the room. If only Ikea were closer...

PS: Yes, that is a bare wire of some sort sticking out of the wall. We have no idea what it is -- the raw materials for a phone jack, maybe? -- but we've got to figure out how to get rid of it/patch over it in the next few weeks. Any suggestions on that one would be much appreciated.