Thursday, April 27, 2006

32 weeks

So, as I mentioned below, today we hit 32 weeks. I also happened to have a doctor's appointment this morning, and I would like to just say again how much I love my doctors and their staff. All is well with me and the baby, as far as anyone can tell. I've gained six pounds since my last visit, three weeks ago -- probably my largest gain so far, which would certainly explain why the clothes are no longer fitting. Overall, I've gained about 20 lbs., which seems fine. Although it does mean there's at least five to ten more to come... hard to imagine.

And the coolest part? The doc showed me how the baby is positioned, which was super-cool, especially since her head is already down low in my pelvis. And, the doc said, it's unlikely since she's down already that she will flip back up. So there's one potential c-section reason tentatively crossed off. (Obviously, things can and will change, but it's nice to know she's in a good spot. I really, really would love to avoid a c-section.)

What's even better about knowing how she's positioned, though, is relating her movements to actual body parts. I felt a bunch of movement along my upper right abdomen this afternoon, and was thrilled to know that it's probably her feet. And knowing that while experiencing the sensation was just incredible. The more info I get about her, the more real this all becomes. Holy cow, I am having a BABY. Who knew?