Thursday, April 27, 2006

Another latecomer to the ABC meme

• Accent: Pretty middle-of-the-road, considering I grew up on the Joisey Shore, but when I get talking to my friend P, who has stayed there his whole life except for one year? Then it's cawfee all the way.
• Booze: Oh, how I miss it. I love a gin and tonic or a mojito (or three), not to mention the occasional cosmopolitan or Cape Codder. As for the beer and wine, I love them, too. Poor me.
• Chore I hate: All of them. But I shouldn't complain since my fabulous husband does the vast majority of the cleaning at our house. One of mine that's irritating: Shredding things. The noise irritates the dogs, which irritates me.
• Dog or cat: Dogs all the way.
• Essential electronics: cellphone, PC, iPod.
• Favorite cologne(s): My stint last year at the Very Swanky Gym got me hooked on Lothantique's green tea eau d'toilette, which they supplied for free in the locker room. It's very light and refreshing, which is why I like it. Ye olde morning sickness, however, kept me away from it for months.
• Gold or silver: Silver.
• Hometown: The Jersey Shore.
• Insomnia: More these days than ever before, but it seems to have eased up a bit.
• Job title: Associate editor.
• Kids: Ummm, approximately 0.8? I never know how to answer this one. Speaking of which: 32 weeks today!
• Living arrangements: A 1920s bungalow which started life as a Sears kit house. I kid you not. And I have the good fortune to share it with the best guy in the world.
• Most admirable trait: Yeesh, I dunno. I'll say my constant attempts to connect like-minded people, or those who would benefit in some way by knowing one another.
• Number of sexual partners: A few more than I wish there were.
• Overnight hospital stays: When I was born, and once after I fainted in the middle of the night, the year before grad school. One more impending...
• Phobias: I'm not a big fan of snakes, but I'm not sure that rises to the level of a phobia.
• Quote: "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges."
• Religion: Extremely lapsed Catholic.
• Siblings: One younger sister, a white miniature poodle and a brown hound mix, the latter two being my parents' empty nest additions.
• Time I wake up: A few minutes after 7.
• Unusual talent or skill: Sarcasm (see "Hometown").
• Vegetable I refuse to eat: It used to be brussels sprouts, but eating them fresh from the organic farm we belong to has shown me the light. At the moment, I can't think of one I absolutely refuse to eat, though I'm not a big fan of kohlrabi.
• Worst habit: Laziness. Extreme laziness which causes me to lounge on the couch while D does all the work. And, yes, this predates pregnancy.
• X-rays: Teeth, shoulder, back... and I think that's it.
• Yummy foods I make: Lots of 'em, if you ask me. Most recently, a fantastic cranberry upside-down cake and a really great leg of lamb.
• Zodiac sign: Cancer.