Friday, May 12, 2006

The bambina is here!!

Sorry for the last few days of silence -- it's been crazy 'round here. The short version: The bambina arrived by not-quite-emergency C-section at 1:43 pm on Wednesday, May 10, weighing in at 5 lbs, 1 oz -- not bad at all, considering she showed up six weeks early. We are absolutely in love with her (though she does show signs of being a very stubborn, single-minded little girl... perhaps like someone else we know...)

She's in the neonatal unit here at the hospital, and doing very, very well, all things considered. She's already off supplemental oxygen; if we can get her digestive system to get going, she'll be able to head to the continuing care nursery pretty shortly. No word yet on how long she'll have to stay, but she's one of the biggest kids in the NICU, and everyone seems very happy with her progress.

I'm doing well (although I guess I can return that natural childbirth book I bought on Saturday); looks like I'll get to go home tomorrow. I'll tell y'all the whole story once I get settled. In the meantime, thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.