Friday, August 19, 2005

Quick update

Sorry for the lack of activity around here... it's been insanely busy between work and the bathroom renovation (which, incidentally, seems to be going very well). I'd love nothing more than a weekend at home to putter around and work on the flower bed I want to put in the front yard, but I'm spending the weekend reporting a story in central Maine. Which means I am leaving straight from work at 1 pm today and will get home at 5 or 6 Sunday night. Woe is me. Should be interesting and probably fun, but right now it feels like drudgery... especially since my #2 guy is out on paternity leave for the next three weeks, so there's no one to pick up any of my workload.

With that, I need to finish packing, water my hydrangeas and black-eyed Susans, and drive over to my sister's to take a shower. Like I said, this week has been exhausting.