Friday, January 28, 2005

Taking a sick day

Oh how I wish I actually were merely taking a sick day as an excuse for a day off, rather than flat on my back with what appears to be the flu. Body aches, chest congestion that causes the most painful coughing I think I have ever endured and a fever of 101. A great way to spend a few days.

In addition to the fact that being this sick just sucks - and that I have apparently forgtotten how to type as a result - I can't even tell you how much work I have to do. And since I am an editor, with a fixed deadline at hte printer, that work has to get done no matter what. I brought a bunhc of it home with me yesterday - made an appearance at the office for 90 minutes, to gather up stuff and do what avsolutely could not be skipped - and have been essentialyl unable to do any of it. I have two gnarly freelance pieces that need a bunch of work, and I just don't have the brainpower to untangle them. Heck, I barely have enough brainpower to watch old Sex and the City episodes.

Am hoping that I will recover enough over the weekend to take care of them. If not, my staff is going to be slammed on Monday, and there's not much I'm going to be able to do about it. Oy.

Ok, next project: Showering. Wish me luck.