Monday, February 13, 2006

The #1 baby


As we suspected, Rocky absolutely adored being carried around in the sling that the lovely Kate sent to us (the carry, I'll admit, is a bit unorthodox, but you try stuffing a shih tzu in a sling and see where you get...). As I've mentioned before, this is one neurotic animal, but once in the sling she totally relaxed. She felt like dead weight when D and I finally pulled her out. If we wanted to cart her around in this thing all the time, I think she'd go for it. (Just to be clear, I will not be practicing shih tzu-wearing again, except in emergency circumstances...)

Kate sent us the sling a couple weeks ago, and we've been meaning to try it out on Rocky ever since then. I'm glad we're such procrastinators, because the whole ridiculous experience completely snapped me out of the funk I'd been in for much of the afternoon... at least some of which was brought on by a trip to the mall to exchange the Sears maternity clothes from my mom. Without going into a blow-by-blow recount of the day, I'll just say that the whole body image-during-pregnancy thing hit me a bit hard under the harsh lights of the Sears (and Motherhood) dressing rooms. And that the baby section of Tar-jay was totally daunting, especially after visiting its completely picked over maternity section.

So, today's lesson? There's nothing like a little dog humor, shared with the one you love, to brighten your day.