Sunday, October 16, 2005

Still alive

Just a quick update to say that I have not drowned in the torrential downpour, nor have I been driven crazy by the Thing About Which I Cannot Speak. Instead, I've spent the weekend doing wedding-related stuff with my sister and my mom, who's up from New Jersey for the occasion. I believe my sister won some sort of North American land-speed record for wedding dress shopping -- after 90 minutes at the Scary Bridal Superstore, she had a gorgeous dress in hand. The salesgirls were shocked -- shocked! -- that she did not want to pay $10 for a special garment bag for the dress, but otherwise all was well.

The challenge, reserved for yesterday, was buying the bra. We spent many hours at many stores; the solution, bizarrely, was at Sears, perhaps because not many women think to go lingerie shopping at the same place they buy their power tools, so they had a lovely selection of strapless bras in many sizes. On the books for today is a walk on the beach with the dogs, perhaps an afternoon matinee and some lovely beet & swiss chard risotto for dinner. Somewhere in there I've got to get some work done, but I'm not sure when that will happen. And to be honest, I don't much care.