Thursday, September 16, 2004

Overwhelmed

Work is absolutely insane this week. We are putting out a special issue that's much larger than usual, and I'm about half-dead as a result. So blogging will be light until the weekend.

I did want to mention, though, that I went to a great meeting last night, something called the New Girls Network. It's a nine-month program about feminism, philanthropy and social change for women in their 20s and 30s. Seems like a really great group of women, and we had an invigorating discussion about our experiences of feminism. (Invigorating or not, I still came home, had a bowl of cereal and went to bed...) Anyway, it was a chance to talk about some of the big, important topics I feel I've been neglecting for the last couple years while I've been focusing on my career, such as it is.

Now, it's off to write one story and edit four or five more.