Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My comeuppance

In talking to various people about our attempts to get Ess' naps straightened out, I've said on more than one occasion, "Hey, at least she sleeps well at night, so I really have nothing to complain about."

So it will come as no surprise to you that the wee girl was up, count 'em, four times last night. And instead of nursing and dropping off like she usually does, she was restless and jumpy. I don't think she was too hot, though it's a possibility. Instead, I'm putting my money on teething. The spitup has really decreased in the last couple days (which I know has nothing to do with teething), but in its place we have seen a prodigious amount of drool. And a lot of chomping on whatever comes near her mouth. This morning when I got out of the shower, D was standing in the dining room holding her, while she chewed on his index finger with a blissful look on her face. So much for sleep, glorious sleep.

And just in case you were looking for narrative closure on the last post, yes, the incumbent won. And the neanderthal came in second. But together the third-party candidates drew more votes than anyone but the incumbent, which I'm hoping sends a message about our increasing intolerance of the two-party ridiculousness. And, yes, I am too tired to think of a better way to phrase that.