Monday, November 13, 2006

Manic Monday

I don't know what's going on today. I am certainly not any more well rested than usual, thanks to Ess' wakings at 1, 3:30 and 5:30. But I've got a lot of energy, and have gotten a lot done so far today. To wit:
  • Emptied dishwasher
  • Washed pots and pans from last night's dinner
  • Put away Ess' clothes and mine from the giant laundry pile D did last night
  • Finished the sweater dagwood won in the raffle for Annika
  • And put it in a box
  • And taped it up
  • And took it to the post office(!)
  • Washed the bathroom mirror
  • Found (in the little container where I keep my earrings, of all places) the "missing" silver earring from my favorite pair
  • Packed the diaper bag
  • Ordered a refill of Jelly's eye meds
  • Bought coffee at the indie coffee store, just hours after finishing the last bag (a giant accomplishment, considering that it usually takes me days to get there...)
  • Checked in with work
  • Did a couple super-secret things related to upcoming holidays/festivities
  • Spent an hour at the moms' group without causing bodily harm to the woman, with a son one day younger than Ess, who every fireplacing week coos, "Don't worry, Ess, you'll catch up to P someday soon"
When I started this list a few hours ago, I was planning to continue my accomplishments with a full-on assault on the dirty bathroom. And perhaps find a workable solution for the Iraq situation, end poverty in America and vacuum Ess' room in the interim. But instead I want a nap.