Sunday, March 13, 2005

Limbo, limbo, limbo

I've been a bad blogger for the last week... only now logging on as a way to procrastinate from writing the story I need to get done before the weekend is over. My thoughts have been unsettled and jumpy this past week, and I haven't felt much like straightening them out enough to write anything interesting.

The big topic I've been pondering is, of course, the celiac thing. I get the test results tomorrow. It's been absolutely no fun to be in the in-between time; if I have it, I'd like to just know and get on with my life. Instead, at every meal I assess what I'm eating, whether I'd be able to eat it in the future, what I'd eat instead if I couldn't, etc. And that is an exhausting way to live.

A friend who's currently house-hunting and I spent some time earlier this week talking about how tiring it is to be waiting for the results of something life-changing. We've been more frustrated than usual with our boss lately, and that thread wove itself into our conversation. I had an aha! moment when I realized how many large things are unsettled in the boss' life right now. Doesn't make the work stuff any more fun, but at least it gives me a clue as to where the boss is coming from.

Darren and I haven't yet settled on vacation plans, but I'm planning to spend a fun weekend with two close friends late next month. Maybe Darren will go to Florida on his own and we'll save a joint vacation for warmer weather... we'll see.

In the meantime, I've got this story to write, and a bunch more CDs to load on my iPod. And a dog to walk, and the Sunday Times to read.